"Sherlock" season 4 is returning to BBC in early 2016 with no official date yet. However, the series will hold a Christmas special planned for December 2015 and will be based on the mystery "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle."
THE BLUE CARBUNCLE, GUYS!
- This would be the first time (aside from John’s blog entry) that Sherlock showed mercy to a suspect!
- According to canon, TBC takes place the day after Christmas. This adaptation will maybe tie in with Moriarty’s ‘return’? Or, if Sherlock’s exile isn’t instantaneous, TBC will be sandwiched between CAM’s death and Sherlock’s punishment.
- "You are engaged," said I; "perhaps I interrupt you."
"Not at all. I am glad to have a friend with whom I can discuss my results."
Sherlock, oh my God, you’re so soppy! YAS.
- "Precisely. You allude to my attempt to recover the Irene Adler papers…"
Sherlock brings up Irene by name other than ‘the woman’ so that’s interesting.
- "But his wife — you said that she had ceased to love him."
"This hat has not been brushed for weeks. When I see you, my dear Watson, with a week’s accumulation of dust upon your hat, and when your wife allows you to go out in such a state, I shall fear that you also have been unfortunate enough to lose your wife’s affection."
OMG this is almost as bad as Sherlock’s comment about John’s next wedding good God. He said WHEN, not IF. You giant bag of dicks.
- "My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don’t know."
I love you, you arrogant asshole.
- If they take anything from Granada, maybe Sherlock will have a cold. And look as painfully attractive as ever in spite of it. (x)
Imagine, like Shezza, but less dirty.
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF JOHN WILL HAVE A NEW CHRISTMAS JUMPER.
Let’s talk about the logistics of the stag night, shall we?
According to the directions that Sherlock gave the bartender at the beginning of the night, each beer that he and John drank was 443.7 ml. Converted to fluid ounces for the American over here that comes out to roughly 15, or an ounce shy of a standard American pint and five ounces shy of an imperial pint. Which means they weren’t even drinking full beers.
Counting how many drinks they showed us on screen and remembering that Sherlock said they would only have one drink at each location as you would for a standard pub crawl, they had
- Four regular beers out of their beakers
- 1 shot of an unknown liquor (looked clear, possibly vodka or tequila)
- Another beer to chase the shot
According to Mrs. Hudson they were out for two hours.
So to sum up, they each had five (more like 4.5) small beers and one shot over the course of two hours and got blackout drunk enough to fall asleep essentially cuddling together on the stairs. One more drink who knows how long later got them arrested.
Lestrade was right, they are fucking lightweights.